Tuesday, September 20, 2011

French Toast Recipe


This post is in honor of National Breakfast Month. 
A food holiday celebrated the month of September.

In honor of September being "breakfast month" I thought I would take a picture of a dish of french toast that I ate for supper the other night and blog a bit about it. Yes I know Breakfast Month is about eating a good breakfast at the start of your day but I actually enjoy breakfast for supper so french toast it was.

The recipe was just the easy version. No bells or whistles; just plain old fashion french toast fried in a cast iron skillet and covered with lots-ah-golden eagle syrup. ....With my trusty kitty cat cup in hand (my favorite coffee cup) and full of coffee, It was a match made in heaven. I devoured it all while watching the cooking channel.

Ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I used 1/4 teaspoon)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 2 slices of white bread

Directions

  • Beat together egg, milk, cinnamon, vanilla & salt.
  • Heat a lightly oiled & buttered skillet over medium heat.
  • Soak bread slices in egg mixture for about... 15 seconds on each side, until coated.
  • Cook bread until both sides are lightly brown and crisp.
  • You gotta serve it hot!


118 Recipes
Now you would think that french toast was a simple little recipe but you would not believe the many different french toast recipes that's out there. Wow was I surprised when I went to Allrecipe.com and found a long list of over 118 french toast recipes. Yep I said it! It was over 118 of them. If your a french toast lover then you have to check this list out. My personal favorite is fench toast stuffed with sweetened cream cheese and peaches.

You may like to go to our website and read about the holiday 
National_breakfast_month

No comments: